Thursday, March 24, 2011

Isla Mujeres, Mexico Dogs

Alison Sawyer Current.  I'm not sure how to adequately describe what she is doing in Mexico for the dogs.  Please take a moment to read her recent blog post.  I read it and thought of how Lazo must have been abandoned.  She needs our help, however big or small we can, she is giving EVERYTHING she has to help the dogs there.  If you read her blog post, please take the time to look at the rest of her website.  Also, if you are looking to take a tropical vacation, Isla Mujeres is beautiful.  Besides getting involved in her bigger projects there (spay and neuter clinics), you can bring supplies, walk dogs for her, play with puppies, or bring a dog back to MN.  A co-worker of mine just vacationed there with her husband and I told her about Isla Animals.  Her and her husband were able to walk dogs for Alison and they loved it.  You can help fly dogs home to MN and fund the cost for the flight or if you are unable to do so, check with PPR.  PPR also has ties with Delta airlines where Delta will not charge the dog to fly, so someone is just needed to take them with.  When I was there in December, when I found Lazo, I took a day and helped at Alison's shelter.  This turned a fun vacation into a fulfilling one.


Puppy Socializing

Perra Ferra hunting a fly

Mona, who has since been adopted!

Che--this guy is precious. He is so friendly.  He was hit by a car and lost a leg.  He doesn't seem to have noticed yet that he only has 3 legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment