He was amazing.
What the U of MN reported is proof to me of that and also I think it speaks volumes for dogs in general. They live life to the fullest that they can, even when they are dealt a bad hand. I also know that without a doubt Dr. Blair and I made the right decisions for Lazo. All of them. I'm so glad I took days off work and stayed home with him. We snuggled for hours. And on his last day, it was sunny and I put him in the pack and him, Deb, Chula and I went for the best walk on the Gateway. He ate that last day, he walked around the house and was awake with us and he met his Grampy. It was a super special day. He went to sleep about 4:00 and was held by all of us until the vet arrived.
Chula and I are getting back to our routine that was "before-Laz". We are doing good. I think about him all day long. I don't have a single regret and wouldn't do anything differently if I did it all over again. And I am looking forward to life "after-Laz" and the things that I have learned and will learn from him.
| Grampy |
What a special little dog, and how special you are to have given him a chance to know love. I don't think dogs think about the past -- for Lazo, his last few weeks were his whole life. It was about being loved, having his needs met and being understood -- even if it was only for a short time at the end of his life.
ReplyDeleteBless you and bless your memories of sweet Lazo.
Jill ~ what a special gift you and Lazo were for one another. He brought you and so many others great joy and hope. Sometimes, blessings come to us when we least expect them. It's amazing how a little dog could touch so many lives in such a short period of time. He was truly loved by so many ~ especially you! I know he will always have a special place in your heart and ours!
ReplyDelete