Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Week

One week without my boy.  So heartbreaking and sad, missing him all the time.  Dying to kiss that round head of his.  My house seems a bit empty without him.  Chula even spent more quiet time than normal in her kennel for the first couple days after Lazo passed away.  She is back to her sassy self now, though.  My Dad is still here and she LOVES him.  So glad him and Laz got to meet.

At the same time, we are doing great!  I'm not quite sure how to describe what my time with Lazo the Amazing has done for me.  The love put forth by the people in my life because of this little dude is crazy.  Everyone in my life, from work to home, they care about him and his story.  Since I decided to help him, he has been and still is important to so many people.  I had people at work ask if it was ok to talk about him.  I told them absolutely!  I want to talk about Lazo, and tell people about how amazing he was and never let him be forgotten.  Definitely there have been a few times where I have felt choked up.  But I am so proud to tell his story.  And I love reliving all our great memories.

Which brings me to....a super fun way to help dogs like Lazo!  You can help support Pet Project Rescue, who went to Mexico, picked my Laz up at the vet and traveled all the way to MN with him...and brought him to me.  They also rescue dogs and cats from local high kill shelters.  They are having a fundraiser on April 7th at Summit Brewery.  Hello?!  Support an animal rescue while eating pizza and drinking beer?!  No brainer.  I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment