My little man passed away last night more peacefully than I could have ever imagined. He was surrounded by people who loved him, and who kept giving him last kisses, hugs, and I love you's. My vet, Dr. Blair was amazing, comforting, and so loving towards Lazo. She also brought Jess with her who is a vet tech. I put my trust in them and they helped Lazo finish his journey safely and with dignity. Words almost can't describe how beautiful it was and Dr. Blair is the one who made that possible. The friends and family who were with us also helped Lazo pass with dignity. They honored him and supported me and loved on Chula. There were many tears, laughs and stories told about Lazo. Those with me also got to know each other better, thanks to our Lazo Lebrun, and have grown even closer to each other. We are all missing him but know that there is something good in the future that will come from all this.
Even in my sadness from missing him, this morning I sat and looked out my window into the pretty woodsy area behind my house. The sun was peeking out and I could feel Lazo's love for me. If you spent time with us, you would know how much that pup loved me. He just stayed by me all the time and followed me around the house. As I looked out the window and thought about him, I missed him like crazy. But I was also filled with JOY, for how Lazo and I gave it a try and how we went through it all together, all the way to the end.
I love you, Lazo...if possible, more than you loved me. :o)
 |
| Adios, amigos!! |
It was an honor to share the journey with you. It really was amazing and I am glad we could be with you and Laz. He was such a sweet, brave little doggie and you are such a sweet, loving, brave mom.
ReplyDeleteThanks,Kris
You were an amazing dog. I'm forever changed because of you and you will always have a place in my heart. Love you Laz!
ReplyDeletehey Jill..i can't tell you how proud i am of you...you have the same loyalty as does Lazo...and that leap of Love can hurt at times but the rewards far outweigh the hurt..i love you very much..
ReplyDeleteyour dad