Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Big Aspirations

This dog is so special.  Like I've said, I'm not sure how he ever made it this far.  That being said, as we get to know each other better, I know without a doubt that there were people who were very unkind to Laz.  I so look forward to the day when I know he knows that he is really safe, no matter what.  For now, I see him gain a little more confidence each day.  Last night Auntie Carol checked in on him while I was at work and they had a snuggle session.  She said he was totally at ease with her.  When I got home I was getting Chula let out and fed, I am sticking to her routine, and he gave me a few barks from upstairs to let me know to hurry up, he was waiting. :o)
The three of us are learning as we go.  Chula is the best, she is going right along with everything and really seems to care about Laz.  First thing in the morning she goes to the laundry room and looks in to check on him.  Right now, she is chewing on a bully and of course he smells it and goes to check it out.  She growls and walks away.  I'm keeping an eye on them but figure they're gonna have to figure this out between the two of them.
Medically, I think the hookworm is getting better.  We started a broader coverage medication and things already seemed improved.  Let's just say you don't need a microscope to evaluate Lazo's hookworm.  His back knees seem better.  I have been giving him Dasuquin since he has been here and I would swear by that stuff.
I will end this post with the sweetest picture.  I caught him sitting in front of the window, staring into the sunlight.  I would like to think he was making big plans for the future.  :o)

2 comments: