This morning the dogs and I headed downstairs to make coffee. While my coffee brewed, I watched Senor Lazo prance around the room...he was radiating happiness. I can't tell you what this does for me, to see him happy. I even cried a few happy tears. When I found him, my heart broke, I almost couldn't even talk about him without bawling. When I had to leave Mexico without him, it killed me. I got to the airport in MN and called my Dad and cried while telling him the whole story about Laz. I was determined but there were so many unknowns that I was worried. So this morning, to have him safe with me, and alive for that matter, and then to see him so happy...any of the obstacles we are up against just don't matter right now. Lazo and Chula help me keep my perspective. That being said, it is so inspiring to know of other dog's stories who were given second chances. Evalyn is a dog that inspired her owner to start Save-A-Bull Rescue here in the Twin Cities. Here's Evalyn's story...
I resisted watching this, knowing I would be bawling through the entire video. Evelyn is amazing and so is the person who rescued her. Thank you to all who have the time, patience and great big hearts to rescue these amazing animals!
ReplyDelete